Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Has it really been a whole year!

Good news: WE STILL LOVE EACH OTHER!
I can hardly believe that we have been married for a year now! We sure are looking for the whole "downhill" part! ;) Well, this year has been one of the hardest but most rewarding and incredible experiences yet. I'm no expert on the whole married thing but I know that we have learned and grown very much as a couple. There is a lot I can say and I could possibly make you cry with all the mushy and lovey dovey stuff, but to save you from a day of puffy eyes I will keep it simple. No matter how hard marriage or life can be, no matter what is going on in your life and how bad and down you may feel, there is nothing greater than love. Love is not something that just happens to you, it is something that you must practice and practice on giving and receiving.
I love Brian and I am grateful for him and all his patience with me.

We didnt do anything to crazy for our one year, but we had a good time! Pike got me flowers, we saw a movie... and on Sunday we made dinner and our wedding cake,(scotchoroos), since we really couldnt save the top of our cake! All in all it was a great day!




It doesn't matter where you go in life, what you do ..... it's who you have beside you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Congrats on hitting the one year milestone mark! You are right, love is able to pull you through most things. I am so glad that you have been able to truly grow closer together and love each other more and more than the day before. When I was married the sealer told us that when we went to bed at night we should tell each other, "I loved you more today than yesterday, but not as much as I will tomorrow." So true, pretty cool how your love just continues to grow deeper and stronger. Happy One Year...now isn't it time for a baby?!? :) just tricking!

Courtney M said...

Yay congrats! I can't believe it has been a whole year since you have done it. That was such a cute post. Love You!

lauren said...

happy 1 year, dont you just love being married? its the best , you guys are to cute!

glen, paige, & baby preston said...

Amen to this post! It is so true! I love you and am so happy for your one year! (who new we would make it?) ha kidding!

Heather said...

Congrats, every year gets better and you learn more. And soon you will have ten years and wonder where the time has gone!

Stefanie said...

Linds-
Congrats on a year! I'm so happy for you. I can't believe it has been a year it doesn't seem that long ago! You two are a very cute couple!!!

Streett's said...

Pike:

hey, I tried calling you the other day but it wasn't your number anymore. Give me a call sometime, I have a story for you.

-Streett

The Key's said...

Congrats Lins!!! How exciting! I seriously can't believe it's been one year either :) You two are the cutest thing and I am SO happy for you! Love you and miss you! :)

Mitch, Kris, and Tricky said...

Man that year went be so fast. We are so glad that you married Pike. He fits in perfectly with the family. Congrats! Sweet Post by the way. You always have the best way of saying things.

missy said...

YAY I'm so glad you've made it!!!