Friday, October 24, 2008

Make-over Diet



For the longest time I have been struggling to grow my hair out. I have taken supplements and tried to cut down on heating my hair. It has improved in strength but not in length. As I was watching the Today show, they talked about this diet that is suppose to improve on your looks. I found it to be very interesting and helpful, here are some tips...


Skin:

Fish oils, fatty fishes; salmon and walnuts, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, spinach, cantaloupe and watermelon

Eating these types of foods is suppose to improve your skin and help prevent sunburns and damage.

Nails:

eat protein: chicken, peanut butter, cottage cheese, spinach , salmon, eggs

Hair:

Iron! Bananas, edamame, eggs, tuna, silicon: beans, whole grains










Teeth:

Vitamin C: yogurt, kiwi, apples, berries, carrots

These are also suppose to help to whiten your teeth and prevent gum damage.

2 comments:

Phil and Holly said...

I like this diet! If all of these foods were always in season and weren't too expensive and didn't go bad so fast..... then it would be my dream food :) I seriously picture heaven as a big garden of fresh fruit and veggies of EVERY kind. No fish though, eww

-Holly

Richard Pike said...

Fish is the best. I remember that Brian didn't like fish until he moved to an island. Since then he has liked fish a lot, when cooked right.

Sounds like all good eating. Only thing missing is warm french bread after 4 pm at Albertsons